A Little Throwback To When I Loved My Comfort Zone


Image source: Pinterest 

In 2016, I started rediscovering myself. In all honesty, I wish I had started much earlier, but I am thankful that I didn't have to wait for much longer. It's been a very long journey filled with growth, learning, unlearning, challenges, love, tears and much more.

Sometimes, I look back and wonder what I was using my mind for; whether I was thinking at all. I was growing okay physically, but moving at snail speed spiritually, emotionally, and intellectually. I just went along with the flow, doing nothing to consciously move forward, doing nothing intentionally, I wasn't even preparing for my future, and I was in my final year. Wow! Beats me too.

I look back and I am proud. I have come a very long way from where I used to be. Of course, during the past three to four years, going through the motions of growth, it didn't really feel like it, but now, I see tremendous growth. I definitely still have a long way to go, and I really look forward to seeing myself grow beyond where I am now.

I would like you to know that I didn't just wake up one morning to see that I needed to move forward, it happens to many people that way, they just become restless and are forced to move beyond their comfort zone, but you see, mine was really different, because I loveedd my comfort zone. I don't recall feeling restless at any point, I was so flipping lazy, too lazy to see beyond where I was at that time.

God wasn't having it obviously, he was working behind the scenes, he always does. In the early months of 2015, God was orchestrating a friendship that would forever change my life. Actually, he had already planned all this before I was born. WOW! Way to go, God! (he's literally the way to go).

In 2016, the friendship was solid, and one rainy night in OAU, my life changed (umm deep conversations in the rain are now my thing). I became restless after that night. From that night, I began to open my mind to see possibilities, from that night forward, I knew there was much more to life than just going with the flow. It's sad that I didn't document the date; I'm a sucker for stuff like that. That night was a new beginning in my life, and I couldn't be more thankful to God for his intervention and for my friend who he used and still uses to make comfort zones pretty uncomfortable. Something was definitely awakened in me, may it never die.

This is very random, so random that I don't even know what to title it, but I just wanted to share how thankful I am for growth.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yorubas; greeting and respect. We do it for the culture!

Some Kinna delicious sweet potato meal. RECIPE!

LIFE HACKS FOR GUYS