THE NEXT GENERATION

Hi guys, it’s been forever since I’ve written, and I’m deeply sorry. I know that I shouldn’t have any excuse, but I do have. My excuses are as follows:
I have been working on my project/dissertation,
I have had what you may call a writer’s block (like for reals, I didn’t know what to write about),
I have not been myself in one weird way, but I’m back,
I know that my excuses mean nothing, but please forgive me.
Okay, what am I going to talk about today?(trying to think of stuff). Meanwhile, I don’t think I’ve told you this; I’ll be done with school in 34 days wohoooo!!! (I feel kinda ill right now). Okay, I know what to write about, but I honestly don’t feel like it. I want to talk about TNG (I know you guys think it’s one big deal, nah) it simply means THE NEXT GENERATION, I just wanted it to seem fancy lool. So, the next generation is what I’ll be talking about. Often times, we are at logger heads with our parents, we want something for ourselves, and they want something entirely different for us, and our conclusion is, ‘’ Gosh what kind of people are these? They don’t even understand me!! Arrrgghh!!!!’’ I know you don’t believe it, sometimes I also don’t, but the truth is they do honey, but just in a different way. Things have changed, they sometimes can’t see that, but we can make them see it, not by being rude and dishonouring them, but by being obedient, yet pointing these out in the friendliest way.  If for example, your mom tells you not to go to a party, and you really want to go, you don’t cause a scene by arguing and all, you only get into trouble, so all you do is make her know the kind of people that will be at the party, how safe it is, and give her the time you’ll probably end, or the kind of people that’ll be there. If she agrees, fresh, if not she’ll probably make it up to you by giving you some ‘safe fun ‘. This shows that she understands you want to have fun.
My focus though, is being a Christian in this generation. You know what’s funny? I took a break from this writing, and I went for a supposed rehearsal, and we didn’t eventually rehearse, only four of us were present, and guess what?  God stirred our conversation to being a Christian in this generation, and the next. God!!! I was soooo happy. So, being a Christian in this generation isn’t quite as technical as we have made it to be. We complicate issues ourselves just because we are humans, and it’s not cool. Do you know all you need to do as a Christian in this generation? The answer is? Yeah shine your light!!
Most of us have painted Christianity as one boring thing we just have to be just because we are in it already, thanks to our parents. No, Christianity is much more fun, see; Christianity doesn’t de-emphasize our gifts, or talents. NO NO NO, it rather makes us shine. Yearly, the world’s percentage of moral decadence increases, and as young Christians, we might feel out of place for not going along with the ‘norms’, but no, you shouldn’t, you were made to stand out, not blend in, which means that anywhere we have the opportunity to shine as children of God we should, because we have God’s grace. The problem of our generation and the ones to come, or should I say all these generations, is that we lay emphasis on the very wrong things. Some people believe that their major problem in Christianity is the kind of outfit they wear, or the kinds of hairstyles that they make…abegi those things are not the focus. No they are not, and God has given us and entrusted us with the responsibility of making a change in this world as a body. 
It all starts from bringing up a child in the way of the Lord!!” Train your child in the way he should go, and he shall not depart from it” so says a verse in the bible. We should steer these kids focus away from things that won’t encourage them to grow in God’s way!! Not showing them Ben 10 that would breed some form of violence in the heart of a child, please what has happened to teletubbies?? (Or all the fresh safe things, I’m stale, I’m sorry) or why can’t we broaden our minds to create games adapted from the bible, instead of indulging them in boxing and punching games. Many Christian ladies love modelling, and it’s not a bad hobby, or talent, I mean, when did it become a bad thing to help advertise?  But then, they are torn between the choice of being modest and the desire to be a successful model, and then they eventually compromise, because they don’t  have any Christian fashion agency they can be a part of, or they think Christians make boring clothes (I am a Christian that loves fashion, and it’s not a crime to look good), it’s possible for Christian designers to make Gorgeous and modest clothes. This is just one out of many examples, if only we can start from now. We are THE NEXT GENERATION, raising new generations, and as the times are changing we shouldn’t stop shining. We are a light unto the earth, people. I Love you all so much.
* Abegi- A local substitute of ‘’oh please’’
                                                                           MARQUIS FIFEOLUWAHAN LOIS
                                                                        PROUD VIOLATOR OF THE GRICEAN MAXIMS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yorubas; greeting and respect. We do it for the culture!

Conscious Living- Life isn't ROCK, PAPER ,SCISSORS. SHOOT!

Some Kinna delicious sweet potato meal. RECIPE!