Us vs Them. Wise words from my favourite human

Feeling: Slightly irritated.
Time: 9:03 am


source: pinterest

I'm slightly irritated because I got to work, and had to wait for an hour ish before the lady that's always with the key decided to show up.

Today's blog post is something I have wanted to share with you for a long time (about four months) now. It's most likely going to be a short post, but I am convinced of its relevance. I'm so giddy about it.

So, many months ago, I was talking with my sister, and she said she thinks I am the kind of person that colors inside the lines. People who follow rules, are boring, and not adventurous are described as people who colour inside the lines. On the other hand, those described as people who colour outside the lines are more carefree and adventurous.

That kinda got to me. So, I told human about it, and these were the short but profound words that were said to me :

I think it's just another thing we have created as humans to make some people feel in a way, and other people feel another way. Don't fall for the trap. It doesn't matter which side of the divide you fall on. Find it. Then own it, and if someone doesn't like it, well, good for them. We like 'us vs them' too much; Christian vs Muslim; theist vs atheist; white skinned vs colored; colour inside the lines vs colour outside. All stem from the same fundament, us vs them, but it doesn't matter who you find yourself to be, you are great just like that. As Dr King said, we are to be judged by the content of our character (and if I may add, our brain cells) and not by the color of our skin (and if I may add- by any other biological, natural factor that separates us.
Some other day, we were talking, I was slightly worried I wasn't as playful as I used to be, and the issue of  'not being boxed' came up. I said, "I'm not sure I know how to not be boxed" , and the response I got was "oh, being boxed is not hard at all. It is just doing things, not necessarily the way they are generally done."

In Short, Just do you. I hope you liked these words of encouragement from my favouritest human in the whole world.

Here's to breaking free from stereotypes, and being the best versions of ourselves.

Fun fact: I love taking personality tests. 

Much love,
Fifi. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yorubas; greeting and respect. We do it for the culture!

Conscious Living- Life isn't ROCK, PAPER ,SCISSORS. SHOOT!

Some Kinna delicious sweet potato meal. RECIPE!