FINANCE

Hello guys ( oh God why is my laptop misbehaving? just when I decided to write!!! pfft)………( like 6hrs later phew) I’m back, I never dropped out of the phase of the earth, I was just in a tight corner, the corner is called OAU, I suffered for a week, no water ,no light. Okay you might think I’m exaggerating, so let me define what I mean by “no water, no light” we( the three of us who were left in the crazy school) used to charge in the academic area of the school, we also used to fetch water there( I used to, they still are…sweeties, if you’re reading this I’m not laughing, just really glad I can use a full bucket of water to bathe, oh and not just any kind of water- HOT WATER) , but there was the fun part –I spent it with my besties, Toye and Pelumi  (they brought out the cyclist in me).
    So, today, I’m talking about what exactly? ummm( this is why I need ideas, I should not be embarrassing myself like this online)…oooh I know let’s talk about FINANCE( money matter). We all need to know how to spend money… I’m big on saving, but at the same time it’s very necessary to spend money. Probably one of the things that help me, is that I don’t like what’s it called oo? Oh yeah- impulse buying, sometimes I actually catch myself doing that, and I caution myself, even on little things( like eggroll and drink, OAU students know the struggle) we usually don’t know when we bring out that #150 to buy snacks, and please o 150 for 7 days equals what o 1050 bucks. OMG!!!  Do you want to know what I do to avoid such? I wake up earlier to cook, but then I really hate eating early cos it upsets my tummy, but please that money is a lot, when it’s not like I don’t have food. Hmmn, while writing this now, I just got to understand that time management can also play a very important role in money management.
   My hostel is like the last place you want to stay in if you are learning how to spend wisely (It’s not like I’m a pro o. Okay, looking at it, it's the best place because you can't know how far you've gone if you're not being tested. ) but jeez!! They sell everything (come and buy shoes, makeup, clothes, underwear, perfumes, every freaking thing!!) but I never yield into any temptation, I don’t even like looking at what I know I might not buy).  I DIDN’T YIELD UNTIL LAST WEEK (did I say I NEVER YIELD? Sorry, that was a slip of the fingers). Okay, I used to say that I needed something, didn’t ACTIVELY put it on my budget, but I got the stuff, and the funny thing is that the person who called the “seller” had it on her own active budget. The excuse I gave myself was that I badly needed them, but still, that was impulse buying (even though I’m still secretly glad I got it hehe).
   To wrap this whole gist up, I’d like to say SAVING is NOT a sign of poverty, it just shows you’re wise, and spending stupidly doesn’t show you’re rich, it shows you’re (permit me please) stupid. Thanks for reading. BLESS YA.
                                                                             MARQUIS FIFEOLUWAHAN LOIS

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yorubas; greeting and respect. We do it for the culture!

Conscious Living- Life isn't ROCK, PAPER ,SCISSORS. SHOOT!

Some Kinna delicious sweet potato meal. RECIPE!