Make an Impression! It doesn't cost much

Heyer people, how you been?? Me been good (tehehe). To be honest, I really don't feel like writing, not because i don't know what to write, but because i feel like reading. Back to business. I was thinking about telling you guys something I learnt last week Sunday, or is it this week (okay, this week.I don't just like believing Sunday is the beginning of a new week. Wonder who created the idea KMT), anyways, I'll share with you what I learnt yesterday.

So yesterday evening after work (not immediately after, let's say an hour after i got home and found the door to my room locked, thanks to my mom),my mom begged me to follow her out for a stroll (she wanted to buy something across the street), I'm like "mommy now do I have to go? I'm busyyy" (I was truly busy writing a post for my other blog, https://theuniquewomanblog.wordpress.com ) and then she's like,"you know I'll soon go back and then you'll be left alone here" okay , that one started to make me shift uneasily on my sit, and then to crown it all up she decided to do her face like alanu samaria while saying "hmmn okay o, so people are like this,anyway I'm going o" ARGHH I stood up, laughed at her and followed her.

We were walking and gisting , I was laughing like a maniac(btw, she hates this about me whenever we go out), and irritating or should I say annoying her with my love for the sunset.
Yeah, so we wanted to walk a bit further before we crossed to the other side of the road where she could get what she wanted to buy, but someone was waving vigorously and that caught our attention, Oh! it was the man that sells salad and fried rice ingredients (my customer), I waved back and he was pointing at my mom who was also waving back, mom was telling me that he was her customer years ago, so we crossed over (we both hate crossing roads) and went to greet him. I feel like typing out the conversation in Yoruba, but I can't for two reasons:
* Not everyone that reads it understands Yoruba
* I can't even type out Yoruba ,and if I do, it'll take a reaallllyyyy loonnggg time).

Yeah, when we crossed over, the man was telling my mom, "Oh it's been like four years since we last saw, wow wow wow" and then me, I was opening my teeth, and he's like "I've known your sister for years"
 I'm very used to this, so many people think my mom is my sister, well it runs in the blood, so many people think I'm a secondary school student, not knowing I'm done with uni and I'm even a teacher *flips hair that she doesn't have*. Anyways, I'm like "no o, she's not my sister, she's my mom" and my mom was like "no o she's even my first child." The man was shocked like no man's business, and that's how he started he was like "you taught this girl well, she's so courteous , I even heard she finished from uni, see how she relates with us, she's not proud at all, you taught her well and she taught herself" the guy was so happy, he started praying for my mom and I. People from other shops started sticking their heads out , another woman was like "it's true" you should have seen how I was blushing ,that's how the man gave me ingredients for  Fried rice worth 1k or 1k plus. My mom was so proud ooo.

I used to wonder why the man gave me discounts and was always smiling whenever I came around, I didn't know that I had made an impression, btw the man is an elderly man. You should also make an impression on people, touch people, I didn't know that my almost always smiling face,made an imprint on someone else. I learnt that yesterday.

Don't say because this one looks poor, you decide to shun him, but when you see the rich one , you lick his shoes, Remember what James says in the book of James? About this ungodly categorisations that humans do. You're not that good of a judge, only God is.

Alanu Samaria means the good Samaritan

Love y'all, thanks for reading.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yorubas; greeting and respect. We do it for the culture!

Conscious Living- Life isn't ROCK, PAPER ,SCISSORS. SHOOT!

Some Kinna delicious sweet potato meal. RECIPE!