On being a foodie. Plus a recipe

Feeling : Bland (I'll explain in another post) 
Time: 5:27p.m (EAT) 

There's a different topic that's coming into my head, but I'll write that later. I guess I should just stick with this one.

I like food.

I like cooking.

I like good food.

I don't like repetition when it comes to food. (mom doesn't mind us eating swallows everyday).

I'm not the greatest fan of eateries.

Not to say I'm a glutton or anything. I eat small portions of food. I like to think outside the box when I think about food. I like being creative, I like cooking for people and seeing the look of satisfaction on their faces. The kitchen is my favorite part of any house asides my room.  (By God's grace, when I'm married I'll have a really really beautiful kitchen.)

I don't cook super nicely all the time. I make mistakes. The other day I made oily cookies, human said it looked like akara (I'm still going to revenge). Also I made akara; one batch was salty, and the others had no salt.

Yeah, but those don't happen often, I just wanted to let you know I make mistakes.

Spaghetti is one meal I love, but I hate when it's boring. I hate when any meal is boring. If you want to eat, why go through the pain of eating something that you force down your throat? I'd rather go through the pain of cooking something nice than eating a boring meal. 

Anyways, the other day, We were wondering what to eat (we always wonder and argue)  and then I suggested spaghetti and some sauce.  It came out delicious, of course. We just boiled the spaghetti and I made the sauce with just a few ingredients. Let me show you.


Yup. Extras were seasonings of my choice, (Vegetable or some kind of, definitely not palm)oil, scotch bonnets (that had been previously fried to death by my sister, that thing is really good stuff).

So, I sliced the veggies (was quite time consuming). Sliced, not diced, that was after I rinsed them of course. Sliced the aubergine in circles, the others  in straight lines. 

Next, I fried the onions when the oil was hot,  poured the remaining ingredients, allowed to fry, and seasoned with basil, paprika, salt, seasoning cubes, one other season I can't remember. Yeah that was basically it, and it was really yummy. 


Tip: don't overcook if you want the crunchiness of the carrot. It's actually much nicer than making it super tender. 

You can try it out and let me know how much you liked it. It's also a lovely way of incorporating veggies in your kid(s) meal(s).

Much love, 
Fifi 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yorubas; greeting and respect. We do it for the culture!

Some Kinna delicious sweet potato meal. RECIPE!

Conscious Living- Life isn't ROCK, PAPER ,SCISSORS. SHOOT!