On standing up for ourselves

Feeling: *No words
Time: 2:56 p.m

I used to be a huge fan of tennis, but I lost interest in sports generally. However, watching the US Open finals reignited my love for tennis. Let's see how long it lasts.

This post isn't really about the commotion that went on in the US Open. Not about women's rights or anything.  Just a simple thing I brought out of the whole thing; Stand up for yourself . Be bold. Be confident. People would walk over you, cheat you, it's left for you to fight for yourself to be heard.


I had goosebumps watching Serena talk to the umpire.

It's why I admire freedom fighters, they won't be silenced.

Here's to learning how to stand up for ourselves, when people would otherwise have us shut up.

Much love, 
Fifi. 

P.S. I have decided to write at least twice in a week, no particular days for now. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yorubas; greeting and respect. We do it for the culture!

Some Kinna delicious sweet potato meal. RECIPE!

Conscious Living- Life isn't ROCK, PAPER ,SCISSORS. SHOOT!