Journaling: Be free. Be silly. Be you.

Feeling: Pissed (coming out of it though)
Time: 12:55pm


You have probably guessed (with this blog)  that I like journaling a lot. I don't know if it's weird (frankly don't care), but my favorite section of any shopping mall is the stationery section. Gosh! I could live there. I like the cute pens, sparkly pens, highlighters, and most of all cute notepads. I'm a sucker for stuff like that. After this section are the biscuits and chocolates aisles.

so darn cute. 

I currently own about five (six, technically ) cute notepads. Frankly speaking, I need more.

Let me tell you their uses.

1. For personal growth and development.  I don't write in it so often. It was a gift given to me when I turned 20.

2. I use this for Spanish lessons which I've been slacking so badly in. I keep telling myself I should pick it up and be better. Now that I'm publicizing it, I'll be more faithful about it. Perhaps for every blog post, you'll get a little bit of Spanish. This is such a big commitment. Sheeshh!
I got this notepad for myself. I got Human a matching one cos I'm cute like that.

3. This one's for blog stuff. Ideas, arrangements and stuff like that. Mom gave me, I actually begged her to give me.

4. All the poems that have been written to me by Human are in this one, it also holds his letters to me.
I got this on impulse in 2016. The color was just so cute and perfect and it came in handy at the right time.

5. This fifth one is really old. Probably had it since 2011/2012 I have old song lyrics in it. Still opened it last week and was singing those songs.

6. This one was a gift from Human to me. I use it almost everyday to talk about us during this LDR, and he gets it when we see.

I wish I had more. I'll get more definitely. The funny thing is that when I get these new notepads, I have no idea what to use them for, until the bulb pops up right above my head weeks or months later.

Side note: I'm no longer annoyed 😁.

I love journaling because I get to express myself a lot. I have a journal that my parents gifted me when I was in secondary school. I used it up till my second year in Uni or so. The beautiful thing about it is that I get to see how I used to think, laugh at my amazing innocence, cringe at my stupidity and stuff. I read it to Human some months ago and all I wanted to do was cringe. I was so explicit in some of those things I wrote.

Surprisingly, I never allow the fear of  someone sneaking into my journal affect how open I am in these journals. I hide them in plain sight. Smart yeah?

A personal motivation for me when I journal is the fact that I can look back, literally see myself then and now and see how much growth has occurred. I also like it because it's fun to read especially with someone, say a favorite human😉.

Many people don't journal because they don't know how to stay committed to writing everyday.  Well, you don't have to write everyday. Write as often as you please.  Write things that touch you, hurt you, give you joy and stuff. Write down your goals. Lately, I've been into speaking what I want for my future and believing them to the core as difficult as they may seem now. As bleak as they may seem. I'm yet to write them down. I will as soon as I do, and I'll tell you how to go about it.

You don't have to be perfect in your journals. Be free. Be silly. Be you.

What makes journaling fun for you if you journal?

Totally unrelated, but these cookies look soo good and easy to make. I'll try them one of these days. You should too. Let's see how they turn out. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Much love,
Fifi. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yorubas; greeting and respect. We do it for the culture!

Conscious Living- Life isn't ROCK, PAPER ,SCISSORS. SHOOT!

Some Kinna delicious sweet potato meal. RECIPE!